He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” Matthew 15:26
Who are the Children who eats this Bread? What really is this bread?
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, He gave the right to become children of God John 1:12
This bread is a special bread and the one who receives this bread are also special too.
Old testament says that
1. Bread should be set regular before the Lord
The Bread is to be set before the Lord regularly, Sabbath after Sabbath, on behalf of the Israelites. Leviticus 24:8
2. New bread should be hot
When this bread gets over, it is replaced by the Hot Bread. 1 Samuel 21:6
There are the few instance in the bible that deals with bread.
- David receives bread from Ahimelek.
- Elijah received bread from Zarephath widow.
- Melchizedek gives bread to Abraham
- Jesus gives bread to disciples during the last supper.
David, the anointed king fled from Saul was left alone, he went to Ahimelek the priest and asked for the bread. Ahimelek the priest gave him the consecrated bread which was before the Lord.
David who was the Patriach of the tribe receives bread from Ahimelek, the priest.
Now therefore what is under thine hand? give me five loaves of bread in mine hand, or what there is present.
And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women.
And David answered the priest, and said unto him, Of a truth women have been kept from us about these three days, since I came out, and the vessels of the young men are holy, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though it were sanctified this day in the vessel. I Samuel 21: 3-5
When there was a severe famine in the land, God fed Elijah through a widow from Zarephath. She had only a handful of flour in a jar and a little olive oil in a jug. But God made Elijah to make the handful of flour and a little oil to never dry from her home until the Lord sends rain on the field.
Elijah who was to come was sent to Zarephath window though there were many widows at then.
And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days. I Kings 17: 13-15
3. Melchizedek gives bread to Abraham
Melchizedek, the priest of most high God and the King of Salem brings bread and wine to Abraham. It is known that Abraham was the forefather of faith.
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. Genesis 14:18-20
4. Jesus gives bread to disciples during last supper.
Jesus Christ, the Son Of God and the priest offered his body as bread in the last supper.
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of Him who sent me to finish His work. John 4:34
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. Matthew 26:26
Clearly, Bread now can be viewed as the Word of God, Body of Jesus Christ.
Blessed July 2015 People of God!
• பிதா, இயேசு கிறிஸ்து, பரிசுத்த ஆவியை விசுவாசிக்கின்றோம். ( 2 கொரிந்தியர் 13:14)
• நாம் எல்லோரும் பாவிகளாய் இருந்தோம். (ரோமர் 3:23)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்து நமது பாவங்களுக்காக மரித்து அடக்கம் பண்ணப்பட்டு மூன்றாம் நாள் உயிர்த்தெழுந்தார். (1 கொரிந்தியர் 15:3)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவின் இரத்தத்தின் மீது உள்ள விசுவாசத்தினால் நாம் நீதிமானாக்கப் பட்டிருக்கிறோம். (எபேசியர் 2:8,9)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவின் இரத்த்தினாலும், பரிசுத்த ஆவியினாலும், நாம் கழுவப் பட்டிருக்கிறோம், பரிசுத்தமாக்கப் பட்டிருக்கிறோம், நீதிமானாக்கப் பட்டிருக்கிறோம். (எபிரெயர் 10:10), (1 கொரிந்தியர் 6:11)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவின் நாமத்தினால் ஞானஸ்நானம் பெறுகிறோம். (அப்போஸ்தலர் 2:38)
• பரிசுத்த ஆவியை பெறுகிறோம். (யோவான் 3:5)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவின் நாமத்தைப்பற்றும் விசுவாசத்தினால் சர்வாங்க சுகத்தை பெறுகிறோம். (அப்போஸ்தலர் 3:16)
• அடையாளங்களையும், அற்புதங்களையும் விசுவாசிக்றோம். (மாற்கு 16:16,17,18)
• ஆவிக்குரிய வரங்களையும், ஆவிக்குரிய கனிகளையும் நாடுகிறோம். (1 கொரிந்தியர் 12:1, கலாத்தியர் 5:22)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவின் பாத்திரத்தில் நாம் எ்லலோரும் பங்கு பெறுகிறோம். (1 கொரிந்தியர் 10:16 17)
• உயிர்த்தெழுதலின் நம்பிக்கை எங்களுக்கு உண்டு. (1 பேதுரு 1:4,5)
• இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவினுடைய நாமம் சொல்லப்பட்டிராத இடங்களில் சுவிசேஷத்தை அறிவிக்கும் படி நாடுகிறோம். (ரோமர் 15:20)
• கர்த்தராகிய இயேசு கிறிஸ்துவின் இரண்டாம் வருகைக்கு காத்திருக்றோம். (அப்போஸ்தலர் 1:11, யோவானுக்கு வெளிப்படுத்தின விசேஷம் 1:7, 22:12)
The Death of Nadab and Abihu
Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the Lord, contrary to his command. So fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord. Leviticus 10: 1, 2
Here we see, Nadab and Abihu who are sons of Aaron, took the unauthorized fire in their censor which God has not ordered and offered them before the LORD. Then there came a fire out of LORD’s presence which devoured them and they died before the LORD. On reading further down chapter we see God commanding Aaron that “Do not drink wine or fermented drink before you go into tent of meeting or you will die”. So it is clear that sons of Aaron were drunk and because of their drunkenness they took the unauthorized fire which God does not order them to and got themselves killed. Let us see how this incident is related to prayers.
As written in Revelation 8
” And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.”
Provers 28 : 9
“If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction,
even their prayers are detestable.”
“When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!”
“But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.”
“They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.”
“If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;”
“So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.”